TheBestVPN is a reader-supported website.
We earn commissions from some of the services and products listed on this site.
This happens when you click on our affiliate links (explanation) and end up purchasing following VPN providers below. An affiliate link is a unique link provided to affiliates to promote an online service (or a product) that is then used to credit sale commissions to the affiliate.
- CyberGhost (www.CyberGhost.com)
- Private Internet Access (www.PrivateInternetAccess.com)
- NordVPN (www.NordVPN.com)
- Perfect-Privacy (www.Perfect-Privacy.com)
- ExpressVPN (www.ExpressVPN.com)
- Trust.Zone (www.Trust.zone)
- SurfShark (www.SurfShark.com)
- IPVanish (www.IPVanish.com)
This is used by most of the “VPN reviews” type of website on the Internet. Unfortunately, it’s often hidden away, so that people would think they do not earn any commissions – which isn’t true.
P.S. We’re not affiliated with all (78) of the VPN providers listed, but only these eight.
Why are we partnered with these VPN providers?
When we first launched TheBestVPN.com, we weren’t affiliated with any of the VPNs listed on our site.
However, we quickly realized that testing and reviewing VPNs can take a lot of time and money. To keep our site up and running we decided to monetize with affiliate links – in order to avoid banner ads and pop-ups.
Last, but least, we personally found these VPNs better than the rest.
Will this cost you more money?
No, it doesn’t.
Does it impact the rankings/ratings of the reviews?
See our 13-step review process
Disclaimer: Reviewing VPNs is a subjective task. Finding the “best VPN” is also very subjective. So before buying any of the VPN services, make sure you read more reviews online, compare their features and do your own due diligence.
According to our tests, it does not impact the ratings or our ranking system. Here’s how we rank the providers on our site:
- Go through their logging policies to see if they log your data
- Check their company history/background and jurisdiction
- Run speed tests on 3-6 different servers
- Test Netflix compatibility
- Go through their torrenting/P2P policies
- Test for different leaks (DNS, WebRTC, IPv4, IPv6)
- Test the app usability
- Test their security and privacy features
- Test their customer support
- Test router compatibility
- Compare the cost vs value
You can read more in detail about the review process here.
Why are we disclosing this?
We want to be upfront with our visitors. We consider our reviews to be completely unbiased. However, you have a right to know if we receive any compensation from any VPNs so that you can take that into account when reading our reviews.
And again, we want to be honest to you guys, our visitors.